Essity committed to reduce its impact on Environment
- Essity’s strategic objective is to contribute to a sustainable and circular society. We are committed to develop targets to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 at the latest.
- By committing to setting targets in line with the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), we ensure that our low-carbon transformation is aligned with climate science. We have joined the U.N. Global Compact’s “Business Ambition for 1.5°C”, which includes an upgraded target in line with “Well-below 2°C” scenario and means the Essity commits to reducing its Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions with 35% by 2030 from 2016 in line with Science Based Targets initiative criteria.
- Essity will reach the net-zero target and reduce its environmental impact by increased focus on energy efficiency, removal of fossil fuels, and increased use of renewable energy.
- In 2020 we reduced the greenhouse gas emissions from Scope 1 and Scope 2 by -11% and for Scope 3 by 4%. Emissions for Scope 3 are calculated using data from the company´s value chain and Essity therefore presents data from 2019. Learn more
Lotus Baby Diapers
- Renewable electricity: In order to reduce our climate impact, we use only certified renewable electricity in our diaper factories. It is sourced from renewable resources such as the sun, wind, water or biomass and offers a lower carbon footprint.
- Reducing our climate impact: By 2030, we committed to reducing our carbon footprint by 33 %*.
Compared to base year 2008 on Baby range in Europe
- Less plastic, less waste, less CO2 emissions.
- Okay Sans tube: Carbon footprint reduction by 7%.